Thursday 25 October 2012

AC Training Run Group - Special Sharing with David Mutai

AC Training Run Group has recently organized a special sharing with Kenyan Elite Runner, David Mutai. David is currently the 1st place finisher for Adidas KOTR 2012 for Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. I was trying to work around my schedule due to workload to attend the training. Well, not the training cause I had some certain "logistics issues" but was adamant that I at least attend the sharing part. 

Originally supposed to be held at the group's weekly training ground at Dataran PJ but due to the weather conditions, was last minute changed to Athlete's Circle Shop at Jaya One.  

The AC team with me and David Mutai. From left : Alex , me , David, Azwan and Jolene. 
 I've come to know David by accident actually. It's almost like fate would have it that we bumped into each other. Last December I was departing from KL Sentral to LCCT to catch a flight to Singapore for the SCSM 2011. I took the shutter bus and the only seat available was (you guessed it) with David.

The day I met David on the bus to the airport. 

We struck up a conversation and I pretty much guessed he was a runner judging from the WeRunKL T-shirt he was wearing. What I didn't know was he is quite the accomplished runner. He was on his way for the Macau Marathon. We talked and shared about his training and our running activities. I am still amazed on how he trains twice a day, 6 days a week. Raymond (Tomato man) used to joke whether his Kenyan powers had rubbed on me. Nope, Raymond. I wished.

A quick intro by Alex and Edan. 
 The sharing started a bit late as Alex had to get everyone that was heading to Dataran PJ to to go to AC instead. I was a bit lucky as I was compelled to check my FB while driving to find out the last minute venue change.

Once everyone was there, the sharing started immediately with a quick intro by Alex and Edan.

A quick intro by all the runners. 
 Soon we all introduced ourselves and give a brief reason on "Why We Run?". Honestly, what I've said is really brief cause my reason for running is seriously long. So I gave the short version of "the bet I made with a friend" reason. But seriously, there is more to it than that.

The man himself, Mr. David Mutai giving an intro of himself. 
 And again before I yak too much, below is a video recorded of the sharing with David. It was a relax and intimate sharing with the man himself as he humbly explains on how he started running and shares his trainings. Please do forgive if the recording is a bit pitchy cause I need to jack up the volume. The video also ends with a quick Q&A from the participants.


If you wanna join their weekly training runs, the AC Training Run Group is more than welcome. Do join them every Wednesday at Dataran Petaling Jaya (opposite Amcorp Mall) 8.30pm. For more info, do click on their  FB Fanpage for more info.

A group photo to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...